Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Reply To: WordPress Stuck after Soup-Stock-release plugin install fail

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website WordPress Stuck after Soup-Stock-release plugin install fail Reply To: WordPress Stuck after Soup-Stock-release plugin install fail

Hi,

Not sure how to tag staynorthern, but I too am using HostGator and started my site last year (when I had more time) and SiteGround was SUGGESTED, but since I already had WP with HostGator, just stayed with them.

Figured out how to do SSL, and to disable all the plugins before installing the stock, and upgrading php to 7.1 (cannot get 7.2 yet), and by necessity, how to blow away installs and databases to restart. Now I’m having an issue with getting the database to create completely.

I now see that we cannot get any help if we don’t use Siteground. I don’t think my issue is related to HostGator, but I cannot get the basic database to install because it is using utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci in SOME of the databases rather than the more usual utf8mb4_unicode_ci. SO I YouTubed how to change the db script to replace the _520_ code in the offending tables, and reinstalled a fresh WP and plugin, but have not activated the plugin as that is where the problem is.

I am looking for the .sql script BEFORE it runs so I can replace it, but cannot find it. One i start the activation of the plugin, I’m dead in the water and cannot do anything on my site and have to blow it all away again.

Can someone tell me how they go around the utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci issue???