Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Accelerate Update

Home Forums Creating A Website (Old Course) Accelerate Update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pablo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

pablo
    Participant

I have a notification that Accelerate update 1.3.5 is available (I’m currently 1.3.4).  However, there is a warning that any “customizations” will be lost if I update.  Since we are running a “Child” theme, is this a concern or can I simply update to 1.3.5?  Also there are updates shown for “Twenty Fifteen,” “Twenty Sixteen,” and “Twenty Seventeen.”  Should I update those?

Thank you,

Pablo

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello Pablo,

You can update as the child theme won’t be affected. If you have problems you can always roll back to a previous version

pablo
    Participant

Thank you Alan.  To make sure I’m clear, I should update the theme as well as  “Twenty Fifteen,” “Twenty Sixteen,” and “Twenty Seventeen.”  Is that correct?  How are these three associated with the Accelerate theme or were they integrated as a part of your unique Child modification (maybe that’s not the correct word)?  I’ve read about each so I kind of understand their functions, but I don’t have a grasp of how it all works together.

I also have a question about changing the three photos used in the Business Sidebar on the home page.  I can’t remember how to change those pictures and couldn’t access the original training videos.  I’m sure I’m missing something that should be obvious, but I have not been able to find anything that works.  Please point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Paul

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  pablo.

pablo
      Participant

Scratch the business sidebar question 🙂 Old mind finally remembered all I needed to do is change feature image on page linked via widget.  🙂

Still would like to confirm that it’s good to update the three twenty xxx files as well as Accelerate theme.  Sorry, about being so precise.

alan egan
    Keymaster

You can delete 15 and 16 but update 17. That can’t affect your site. We only keep 17 as a back up for testing if something goes wrong with a plugin

pablo
    Participant

Thank you!!  Updated and everything seems to be working correctly.  As a side-note, I received a false warning that my homepage could not be indexed.  It was listed in the Yoast SEO Plug in tab, but when investigating I found the following paragraph on the Yoast site:  “Please test the URL in Google’s mobile-friendly test here. If Google can run the mobile-friendly test for the domain, Google can also spider the domain. In that case, the Ryte (formerly OnPage.org) warning is just wrong.”  I tested the home page and it indexes fine.  Just FYI in case you encounter questions about this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.