Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

'Adding a Property' After Already Creating a Website

Home Forums The Soup 'Adding a Property' After Already Creating a Website

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rob G 8 months ago.

• Author

ParadiseFound
    Participant

I used the tutorial thru VS and created an almost complete website.

However, now that I have subscribed to Vacation Soup it looks like I need to Add my Property and input all the details. Is there a way to bypass this and just note the new website?

Hi….I was thinking once I signed up for VS, my property would be automatically added also, but you do have to go through and complete all the information regarding your property.

alan egan
    Keymaster

You need to add your property manually but it only takes a few minutes

Rob G
    Participant

I have added our 2 properties to the Soup. Still awaiting approval which I understand may take some time.
    For now when I surf to Vacation Soup and search for Cape Cod, or Yarmouth, MA for properties nearby I get
    one in Falmouth (1 hour away but at least on cape cod) and all of Marias wicked Awesome Maine rentals – nice but Seven hours from Cape Cod.)
    I have downloaded the Waiter plugin, and have two blog entries besides the welcome entry. (and will do more)
    but I am a loss as to what my next best steps are? I know of two other cape codders who did websites using your course- flatcod.com and wellfleetlife.com Wellfleetlife seems to be blogging and it looks like they have joined the soup? When I search the Soup for Brewster Ma I get the Falmouth Property again, marias listings and a hampton beach listing. Just wondering how it all works here? What do I need to do next? Blog entries?
    Note: I just reread the forum rules-not sure I understand them all, so kindly delete whatever is needed and
    let me know so I will know.
    One of the reasons I keep searching for Cape Cod is also to see other examples of websites created using your course. I watched your 2 properties videos and used the Pike Point Site and Maria’s Maine Site for layout idea.
    My site is still incomplete-guests revies section, beach guide, SEO, the calendar problem, probably has typos, but I had to go live and will keep fixing it. Rob

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

I’ve pushed your properties live – Regarding the property search – Francis is still looking at this – Long story short, we have 2 map plugins and they are having a bit of a bun fight. Maps and search/display are very tricky as some destinations require a small radius (Cape Cod) while others need a large radius (Caribbean). We are working on solving this.

Rob G
    Participant

Thank you Alan for the push.  You and your team will solve it and I will keep working on my end.  I figured out the SEO (search engine optimization everyone) somewhat – making those lights green, now its a matter of plodding away step by step.  Alt text for photos,  key words, meta descriptions.  Demand for rentals on Cape Cod is very strong-I could almost do nothing and succeed. I will keep taking action.   Your honest answer was appreciated.  I know you are committed.d

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.