Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

bounce rate

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  elizamunn 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Maria Lamb
    Participant

My bounce rate is terrible — 70%.  Any suggestions to lower it?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Try to identify which pages / posts have the highest bounce rate, look for a pattern.

Are you using a related posts plugin? If not, adding a plugin will help.

Add a big ‘Read More articles like this” button that leads people to your local guide

13 Ways to Reduce Bounce Rate and Increase Your Conversions

elizamunn
    Participant

I don’t understand bounce rate but could this possibly be because a lot of people share Maria’s page online as a good example? So a lot of people are quickly visiting but not staying long? Just wondering because I’m new to a lot of this terminology.

Maria Lamb
    Participant

I made some changes to ‘experiment’.  For now, I hid those beautiful sliders and moved the featured properties up top, just under the menu (If anyone knows a way to move the sliders, that would be ideal).  Then I cleaned up some of the wordiness on the home page.  Already today I’ve had a lot more clicks on properties so maybe that will help.

The way I originally had it, if you were looking at it on a phone (and like 90% of my traffic is from phones), you have to scroll down past slider 1, slider 2, slider 3, slider 4, then you would get a box (our accommodations), but if you missed that, you had to scroll down past another dozen things before reaching featured properties.

I certainly don’t like the way it looks on a computer without the slider, but I think this may end up being better for mobile.

elizamunn
    Participant

Hey Maria – I had a few pages I did not like the way t looked on mobile so what I did was build another section just for mobile on the same page. Hid that section of it for desktop display and hid what I liked for mobile/tablet on desktop. Maybe that’ll help you out

Maria Lamb
    Participant

I LOVE that idea.  But no clue how to do it.  I’ll have to try to figure it out.  (If you have time and can steer me towards where/how to do this — aweseome – but I’ll do some googling, too.  There are several pages I’d like different on desktop and phone.

elizamunn
    Participant

Hi Maria – here is an example hope this helps. Basically I wanted everything for each property in tabs to be easily displayed on one page. Tabs look great on the desktop site but not so much in the mobile site so I used toggles for the mobile site. I’ll say this is all in Elementor so if you aren’t using that it will be different I’m sure. 

So you can see these are two different pieces that show to me but if you go to the toggle part and click on it to edit it – go to advanced – then down to responsive – I clicked hide on desktop

For my tabs I did the same except hid that on tablet and mobile. Getting stuff into the tabs/toggle that weren’t plain text (i.e. photo gallery) was another thing. Apparently would have been very easy if I had purchased wordpress pro but I found a plug in that allowed me to do so and it was easy once I watched the video.

fancypants
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth.  Your site looks great.  I viewed it on desktop and mobile.  In Elementor what widget are you using to get the tabs in the body of the page?  Is that a header element “menu” of some sorts?

Thanks – Erica – fancylakevaca.com

elizamunn
    Participant

Hi Erica,

I used the tabs and toggle widgets which are underneath the general elements in the widgets. From there, if you aren’t on wordpress pro, to get anything besides text in or photos that aren’t in photo gallery format you have to get a few plug ins. This video will explain everything. The AE template plug in is what you deal with most, and it basically allows you to create a global template/widget without having the pro version of wordpress. It gives you a short code that you just insert in the tab/toggle element. I quickly looked at your site – beautiful property. One thing I did for mobile is that I put all the icons together for why book with us into a pic monkey collage. Otherwise you scroll forever to get past them. I wanted them on there but to just display across and not keep going down.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.