Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Calendar not loading

Home Forums WordPress Plugin Calendar not loading

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Gonzalez 1 month ago.

• Author

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Just tried to add a booking to the calendar for one of my properties and the calendars will not load anymore.  Just says, “Calendar is loading…” and then it never does. This happened from one day to the next – I’ve had no problems at all with the Booking Calendar, and now it seems to have just stopped?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Are your plugins all up to date Linda?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

The Booking Calendar plug-in was not updated at first, but I’ve now watched the tutorial that came with the upgrade, deactivated the old plugin, installed the new one from the zip file, activated it — the settings now show that the new version is running…. BUT… the calendar is still not loading.  Same result as before– it says “Calendar is loading…” but then nothing happens.

djmacc
    Participant

I just started having the same problem. I added a booking last week with no issues but tonight the calendar will not load.

Hi,

Alan is having a deserved break and I am not familiar with the plugin, have you contacted the plugin provider?

As it happened to two of you it sounds like a pattern, maybe an expired key?

F

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

I’ve sent email to Support at BookingCalendar.com, but no replies.  And the Plug-in update that they sent to me was only valid for 24 hours, and now that has expired.

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

I too have this problem. I have spoken to site ground they tell me I need to contact the plugin provider

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

I emailed BookingCalendar customer support yesterday afternoon – have not heard back yet – will let you all know if and when I do hear from them.  Meanwhile, no calendar 🙁

Hi Linda,

Have you heard back from BookingCalendar yet?

F

I am having this problem as well. Just checked in here to see if there’s a fix.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

No, I have not heard back from BookingCalendar — nothing, nada…crickets 🙁

I did hear back from them via email. See below:

Hello.

Thank you for interest to the Booking Calendar.

Its most probably that you are having some JavaScript error at that page.
    Please recheck your page for any JavaScript errors (usually for see what JavaScript error you have you need to press Ctrl + Shift + J for showing browser console) and try to fix them.

You can check for the most common issues on the FAQ page https://wpbookingcalendar.com/faq/ at the troubleshooting section.

You can also try to deactivate one by one all your active plugins at the WordPress > Plugins menu. Then retest it again.

If its not help, please deactivate your active theme and active the default WordPress theme. And then retest it again.

May be there exist some conflict with some active plugin or actual theme and just need to find the reason of that issue.

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I do Ctrl+Shift+J….of course I have no idea how to fix it!

Here’s the rest of what comes up…

susant
    Participant

It’s a long shot but lots of us with the old website build started having javascript errors recently which caused lots of problems.  It was down to the plugin Speed Booster Pack.  Now I don’t know if you even have it in the new website but, if you do, I suggest you deactivate it and see if you calendar reappears.  If that plugin is not the culprit then I think you have to do what the calendar plugin support suggested to you. Go though your plugins, deactivate each in turn and keep hoping each time your calendar will show up again.

Clare Cambridge
    Participant

I’m having the same problem.  Luckily the bookings are still there (I don’t understand why though)   If the other plugins are affecting it, wouldn’t it have happened at the time of adding the new plugin.  I have been on holiday and not been on for 2 weeks, came back, tried to add a booking and it just says loading.  Would like to know if there is a solution too please.  Also if we have to get an different paid plugin, which I saw Alan suggest somewhere else, is it just a case of adding the plugin, ie it will be put on the right page of the website and then just delete the current one?

susant
    Participant

It can happen when you update a plugin.  Something in the update accidentally breaks something else.

Alan suggested  https://www.wpicalavailability.com/ which looks identical to the plugin those of us who did his old course use, called WP Simple Booking Calendar.  You’ll need to buy it, install it, activate it then configure a calendar in it with all your bookings. Then you need to copy the shortcode for your new calendar and finally, on the right page, replace the current one with it.  Bob’s your uncle.

Clare Cambridge
    Participant

Thanks Susant, if there’s no solution by the weekend then I will be following your instructions. 🙂   If it’s got broken, then I suppose there no harm in re loading it, it may even keep the data, (worth a try)    I’m just a bit worried now, why another update could affect any other plugin and if it could happen again, or is it the booking calendar’s update?    Shame it was running quite smoothly, and I’ve been on the website for booking calendar and they are all very good.  Maybe it’s also to do with the fact it’s free, which I can understand.  I wonder if we were to upgrade, whether the problem would still be there?  Has anyone else got the paid version and getting the same problems I wonder.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

note — I have (had?) the upgraded BookingCalendar because I have two properties and the free version would only support one property.  So I’m already out-of-pocket for the cost of the upgrade.  I too did followed the info to update the BookingCalendar plugin and no luck at all. I’m not real happy about the possibility of having to buy yet another plugin.  Adn I’m afraid if I “deactivate” all of my plugins, then something else might go haywire…

susant
    Participant

If you want to try and troubleshoot plugin incompatibility you only need to look at the plugins which you have updated with new versions since the time you know your calendar was last working. I know it’s not easy to remember which you have updated recently but you can look at the plugin details to see the date of the last update.  Many will be months ago.

You deactivate in turn and check your calendar page each time.  If you find you have the calendar back then hurrah. You know that the problem was some sort of incompatibility between the calendar plugin and the plugin now deactivated so you can look at or contact both plugin’s support forums with this.

If you then worry that you have might have made something else go haywire with the plugin deactive it is possible to install an older version of a plugin so you could do that and reactivate.

Of course if it is the last update to the wp booking calendar plugin which has caused the problem then doing the stuff above won’t work.  But I see that was last updated 4 weeks ago so presumably one of you will have updated it and had a working calendar for a while before this problem happened?

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

I haven’t updated anything with regard to plug ins. I started my course in December, so don’t think I am the old course. Yet my booking calendar stopped working when everyone elses did!. I personally don’t think it is anything to do with anything I have done.

So, I intend to remove the booking calendar, as I don’t like the idea of fiddling with everything, and replace with an embedded google calendar. Evertually I am going to install either free to book or book a let to manage an online calendar and take payments.

Just my thoughts on this situation

susant
    Participant

Odd but useful information.  Something must have changed for it to stop working!  But yes, if you haven’t updated any plugins then the plugin troubleshooting I mentioned above would be a fruitless experience I expect.

Frankly, Alan’s suggestion to move to a different calendar plugin sounds simplest.

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

That is what free to book is

susant
    Participant

Yes, FTB’s a good solution if you want to take online booking (with no subscription costs).  Alan’s suggestion is just a calendar plugin that supports ical, so a simpler option for people who just want to replace their broken calendar with one that works.

I was able to fix my calendar. I deactivated the Contact Form plug in and found that the calendar worked. It appears that Pirateforms installed a new version last week, so installing the previous version fixed the problem. There may be a better solution…i.e. installing a new calendar plug in, but I was happy with the way things were working previously, so this solution works for me.

Here are the instructions I followed….

How to Download Older Versions of WordPress Plugins

I installed version 2.4.0 which is the version just before the new one.

Contact Form & SMTP Plugin for WordPress by PirateForms

Hope this helps someone else. I am not terrible computer savvy, but I can follow instructions!

Update: I went back in and my calendar was not working. I had to deactivate the “Companion Auto Update” plug in because apparently it automatically updates to the newest version of every plug in, so it reinstalled the newest version of the Pirateform and broke my calendar in the process. I don’t know how important it is to have the Companion Auto Update plug in functioning, but it looks like each plug in has a notification when an update is available, so maybe it is ok to just update manually as needed?

alan egan
    Keymaster

I added the companion auto update as it’s best practice to keep to the latest versions but feel free to update manually. If Pirate forms is causing problems there are other contact form plugins

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/best-wordpress-forms-plugins

wishing4wind
    Participant

I got the calendar working by deactivating the pirateforms contact form plugin and replacing it with another. All was well until… I wanted to add the booking calendar with the form and I couldn’t see how to edit the page without elementor. So I deactivated elementor and worked on my booking calendar, a few hours later it was perfect! Then I discovered my home page was messed up! I reactivated elementor, and looked normal again *whew!*. OK so then my booking calendar changes were all gone… When I reactivated elementor, the old booking calendar was there. When I went to edit it, the code was the new code. Now it’s really messed up, I think I have to create a new page and replace it.

wishing4wind
    Participant

OK so if you disable elementor, then make changes to your site, then your changes will be out of sync. if elementor is enabled, it shows the mpst recently changed with elementor, disabled will show most recent wordpress changes. I got everything working nicely now. It was a bit crazy to figure out.

landjbird@cox.net
    Participant

We are also having this problem.  After reading all the responses, I’m timid to play with the plug-ins, as I know just enough Word Press to build our site using Alan’s videos.   I will try and reach out to Word Press.

If anyone is able to walk me through the fix process, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,

Katherine

landjbird@cox.net
    Participant

Word Press Support fixed the problem for me.  Here is a copy of the email.  Good luck out there!

Katherine
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Hello.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>1) This issue because of conflict  with  this plugin ” <b>Free & Simple Contact Form Plugin – Pirateforms</b> “</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I have deactivated this plugin,  so  Booking Calendar is working fine right now.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>2) If you necessary  to  use that  plugin  also,  so  then  you need to  activate one option  at the Booking > Settings General page in advanced section,  as in attached screenshot.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>But please note,  in this case,  the popover elements and tooltips,  for example at the Calendar Overview page and popup dialogs will  not work  in Booking Calendar.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Currently this option  deactivated,  so  its have to  work  fine.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1”>Kind Regards.</span></p>

wishing4wind
    Participant

Yes, but that broke your contact us page. You’ll need to install a different plugin for your contact page. WordPress has a contact form you can use. I sent you an email if you respond I can help you rebuild your contact page.

wishing4wind….what plugin did you use? I tried rebuilding my contact us page with several of the options in Alan’s suggestions above, but I could not get any of them to work properly. At the moment I am just using the older version of the pirate form and have disabled the automatic updating of plugins so it leaves my pirate form in the old version, but I don’t really care for this as a permanent solution. Thanks!

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

To be honest, I had walked away from this problem for several weeks, was just getting too frustrated trying to fix it and terrified that I’d screw something else up as I worked to resolve the calendar issues.  But VOILA!  Today I had a whole afternoon off and decided to tackle this once again.  But when I went into my dashboard, all appeared to be working correctly with BookingCalendar (I have the “Small Business” version because I have more than one property.) Anyway, I entered a couple of “test” bookings, cleaned things up with some existing bookings and yes, VOILA! it’s working as it’s supposed to. The techie-fairies must have been shining down upon me 🙂

And, for the time being, thank you to all who have contributed answers and “try this” ideas… this is what the Soup Community Forum is all about. (Now all I have to do is get through the end of summer, and then Fall Color season, and then maybe I can relax….!)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.