Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

calendar plugins- Any suggestions

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website calendar plugins- Any suggestions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  susant 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

villalauramarie
    Participant

Hello to all the group,

I’m experiencing a problem with my calendar plug-in ( WP simple booking calendar ) . I already asked the assistance from Siteground and the solution looks difficult . I also  posted a request in the forum of the plugin but till now ( 2 days ) I didn’t get any answer .

I figured it may be easier to use another plugin . Any suggestion for something simple ( as WP simple boooking calendar ) and something more elaborate?

Thank you

alan egan
    Keymaster

We recommend Ownerrez – We have heard nothing but praise for this service – It’s a booking engine so has lots of features.

Frank from holidaysongozo.com uses freetobook and he’s very happy with that

susant
    Participant

Looking at your WP simple booking calendar forum question I’m just wondering if you have the settings correct?   Your problem is that it displays from 2017… do you have month=”0″ year=”0″?  That should display the current month first.

e.g. [wpsbc id=”3″ title=”no” legend=”yes” dropdown=”yes” start=”1″ display=”4″ language=”auto” month=”0″ year=”0″ jump=”yes” history=”3″ tooltip=”1″ theme=”classic” weeknumbers=”no” highlighttoday=”no”]

villalauramarie
    Participant

Thank you Alan and Susant; I resolved the problem with Susant’s suggestion .For now it’s easier to keep the same plugin!

susant
    Participant

No problem.  It’s worth pointing our here that, if you created your website using Alan’s old course which I think you did, you automatically got the premium version of the WP Simple Booking Calendar plugin included in the website. You can tell it’s the 29 dollar premium version as it has more than 1 month and can show changeover days as half days. I only realised this when I wanted to have ical capability which came with a later version so I paid up and got the premium one.  By doing this you are able to add a calendar using an “add calendar” button when editing a page.  When you do it that way you get to select all the attributes you want, including start month etc. which is much more user-friendly than editing it at the code level. The 29 dollars is a one-off payment and you can then get support using email if you need it. And ical is definitely worth having if you ever want to sync with calendars on other listing sites.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.