Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Change featured image

Home Forums WordPress Plugin Change featured image

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BarbS 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

BarbS
    Participant

I put in a featured image but want to change it — I don’t see how to delete or replace it?

Also when I look at the draft of my post, the featured image doesn’t show on the blog on my website (although the other photos do). My site is WP but not one of the Alan Egan ones (http://www.vacationrentalscartagena.com). How can I make the featured image show on my blog also? (I don’t have a post published yet.)

Thanks!

Hi Barb,

To change the featured Image you need to click on the featured image. A dialogue will pop-up that allows you to set a new one, either from Pixabay or your media.

This is all part of the plugin and therefore should work normally on any WordPress site.

I hope this helps,

F

As for your website, most themes use the Featured Image (also known as the thumbnail in WordPress) as the lead image for a post. This means that is the image selected to display normally above the main post.

It is however up to the Theme itself to decide whether or not to show the post’s featured image (often this is a setting). Please contact the Theme developers on how to show featured images within the theme.

BarbS
    Participant

Thanks, Francis, for the quick reply! It took a bit but I think I have it figured out now!

BarbS
    Participant

Correction…I see how I am supposed to be able to insert a new featured image from my media library, but it’s not allowing me to do so. I go to Media Library, hit ‘show’ for the photo I want, and then click ‘insert into post’. I’ve tried it with various photos of various sizes but none will insert.

I am using the latest version of the plug in, 1.0.18 and on WordPress 4.9.4.

Also the WP theme I am using requires featured images to be 1000 x 288 pixels. Is that going to be a problem with VS?

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  BarbS.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  BarbS.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.