Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

CSS Location

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chrisradford 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

RMoore
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I am really finding Alan’s Videos useful.
    I am trying to integrate the Super Control booking system into my vacation soup website with the standard template. Supercontrol provide a design matching service to assist with this. What they have provide so far does not work very well for me and they have requested the following files as a solution. Could someone please point me to the location of such files within the standard wordpress installation.

“If you can provide us with your CSS, header and footer as 3 separate files located on SSL, then we can include these on your SC booking pages. This means that you would be in complete control of your own design matching.”

My site has an SSL certificate so no problem with that.
    Thanks in advance
    Richard

RMoore
    Participant

I may have answered my own question?
    header.php, footer.php plus style.css in the same directory.
    Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

alan egan
    Keymaster

We use Generatepress but we aren’t really using it as a theme in the normal sense.

The header and footer are generated by the Elementor header footer plugin.

I’m not familiar with Super Control. Can’t you just insert their code into a page (like we are doing with Ownerrez?

RMoore
    Participant

Thanks Alan. Most pages of the integration work as you ddescribe and a small piece of code is embedded in each page. However when a guest submits a form or gets to the payment srage they are taken away to the Super Control URL. Super  control offer a service where they can brand these payment to look like my website but actually are served entirely from the Supercontrol URL. So my question is although the header/footer plugin is used are the header and footer PHP files still rrelavent and do changes get written to them.

Thanks

Richard

alan egan
    Keymaster

I’ve posted a question to Elementor about this. I’ll let you know when I get a reply

RMoore
    Participant

Thanks Alan
    I had a bit of a poke around and it looks like Elementor generates the header and footer on the fly from the database? Each has its own permalink.
    So i think my integration guys can somehow use this instead?

In my case.

Links

Header = https://staging.letouquet-holidays.co.uk/?elementor-hf=header

Footer  = https://staging.letouquet-holidays.co.uk/?elementor-hf=footer

alan egan
    Keymaster

Please let me know how you get on with this. It would be useful for other Super Control users

chrisradford
    Participant

I am just starting to build my new site to replace http://www.purbeckholidays.co.uk and I currently use Super Control so I will have the same need as Richard.  I will come back to this when I get there.  I really don’t want to switch from Super Control to a different booking engine since it would be a lot of work and potentially quite disruptive.

RMoore
    Participant

Hi Chris

I posted more about supercontrol in reply to another post.

I am quite new to Super control and wondered if you could offer some advice about there booking forms.?  If a booking comes in via airbnb we get the name dates and price etc. How do you then collect the names and details of the rest of the guests?  This is all fine if a guest books direct via the form on my site as they are given all the fields to fill in.

I deally i want to generate a link to a booking form whété they fill in names.

Rather disappointed with super control so far althoigh it has great features there are some major drop offs in core functionality.

Thanks

Richard

chrisradford
    Participant

I have only ever collected the name of the lead guest who books the holiday, so I am not sure how to collect other names.  Sorry. Interesting that you have had disappointments

alan egan
    Keymaster

I spoke to Supercontrol about this and they say that the easiest way to integrate is by adding their script into the Elementor html widget

chrisradford
    Participant

Thank you Alan for looking into this and speaking with Super Control. I will try doing this when I get to that point. Still watching videos. My wordpress install is in place. I just need to upload your software to wordpress now and start preparing the website.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.