Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Duplicate Menu appears?? Please help

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Duplicate Menu appears?? Please help

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Z 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Almost finished my website, however now I have duplicate menu’s appearing. It appears in black below my main menu. Please help.

RMoore
    Participant

Have a look in the dashboard Appearance > Menu here you can configure what menus appear where.

Richard

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

I have same problem. I looked at Appearance/Menus but I don’t see how I can eliminate the second black menu that appears right below my main menu? Under “Display Location” it is clicked on “Primary Menu” – when I unclicked that box, then a got an entire duplicate black menu, showing two black menus in addition to the one across the top, which made it worse.

This is how you resolve this issue.

• Go into your Dashboard into appearance
    • Then menus
    • Then look above your menu you will see 2 tabs one says edit menus, one says manage locations click on Manage Locations.
    • This opens to a Theme Location and Assigned Menu. In the selector box make sure you have “blank menu” selected, Click on use new menu, and then save changes.
    • You should now have the blank menu as your menu option. Apparently if you select your menu in the Manage Locations and also have selected under “Edit Menus” it creates the dreaded black screen curse.
    • Return to your main menu and make sure you have “Menu 1(yours may be primary window” selected and then SAVE MENU.

This resolved my issue after much searching for many hours for an answer. If you need pics email. I cannot paste them into this screen for some reason. Kevin@Solerproperties.com

John Z
    Participant

Kevin, if you go to your website from a tablet, the menu doesn’t work.

i had eliminated the extra menu by making the star dark menu transparent or insible. I think I put instructions here somewhere how to do that. I added a custom CSS line to eliminate the menu.

John Z
    Participant

Here is what I did to eliminate the 2nd non-working menu:
    In the dashboard, click appearance, then click customize, then additional CSS. Copy and paste the following into the css window

.main-navigation { background: transparent; }

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  John Z.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.