Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Ediiting a page with Elementor

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Ediiting a page with Elementor

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar alan egan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    roeonthego1
    Participant

I am trying to continue to finish an existing page that I started several weeks ago for my bucket list. My biggest problem is finding big enough chunks of time to work on the website.  When I do get the time I have forgotten everything and usually have to start from the beginning of the module I am working on. I have been in Module 3 of the course for months but I digress.   Working on the second page of my bucket list, I have the first section done.  I am trying now to add a video or picture to the new section I just added and yet every time I try to drag a widget to the new section it won’t do it and displays the o with a / thru it sign ( do Not…..).  I have deleted sections and re-added them and think I have tried everything(obviously not) and re-watched the section of the video on how to build a page and add sections too many times now.  I think some setting is off but I am not sure what.  I may have hit something inadvertently and made the page read only or something but I am lost and dead in the water right now.  Any suggestions?    Thanks so much in advance.  Merry Christmas!

alan egan
    Keymaster

Are your plugins up to date? Check that first because if Elementor needs updating this can cause issues. If that doesn’t help then please drop me an email with your WP log in details and I’ll be happy to take a look. Merry Christmas to you too 🙂

roeonthego1
    Participant

Thank you.  That may be true about the plug ins.  Sorry to ask this question, but how do I find out if plug ins are up to date? Thanks again.

alan egan
    Keymaster

No need to be sorry. This shows how to check and update plugins

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-properly-update-wordpress-plugins-step-by-step/

roeonthego1
    Participant

Thank you.  I will check that out this week!

mcm21mcm
    Participant

Hello, I am not seeing any Plugin notifications on my site, but I am very new to all this.  I am editing my new web page, but the section for adding videos, the ‘Edit’ blue icon button is not showing up for that section only.  I see it on all images, or titles, but as far as the video one, it does not show up.  I’m trying to put in a video link in, but do not no where to put it since this ‘Edit’ button is missing (or I’m lost somehow).

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello,

If you are on a mac you can two-finger tap or if you are on a pc you can right click on the video element and you’ll see a drop down appear. That has an edit option.

That should do it

mcm21mcm
    Participant

Thank you the help Alan.  Unfortunately, on my pc, I am right clicking, but seeing only a drill down of these options (Copy video URL, Copy video URL at current time, Copy embed code, Loop, Troubleshoot playback issue, Copy debug info, Stats for Nerds).  No edit option.  I think I’m doing this right, I’m in Elementor.  The other areas I have started to update, the video area, right now, is what is confusing me.  Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Can you check that all plugins, including Elementor are up to date, please.

In the dashboard, on the left, go to plugins and double check.

If that doesn’t work maybe you could email me your WordPress logins and I’ll take a look

mcm21mcm
    Participant

Hi Alan,

I did what you recommended:
    <h2>Install Required Plugins</h2>
    The installation process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.
    <h2>Installing Plugin Elementor Addons & Widgets (1/1)</h2>
    Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-upgrader-skin.php on line 150

Show details.

Downloading installation package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/elementor-addon-widgets.zip…
    Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    Plugin installed successfully.

All installations have been completed.

TGMPA v2.6.1

Return to Required Plugins Installer

The following plugin was activated successfully: Elementor Addons & Widgets.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar mcm21mcm.
    mcm21mcm
    Participant

But I am still not getting the ‘edit’ ability for the video.  I will email you my info.  Thank you for your help.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks

mcm21mcm
    Participant

I know this sounds weird, but just like I can not see edit options for videos, I now can not see edit for the Google Maps I am up to changing.  The Edit Google Map that you are doing in your video, does not show up on my Elementor screen.  Only Edit Icon appears on the left side when I click on the map (to change it)

alan egan
    Keymaster

Which browser are you using?

mcm21mcm
    Participant

Internet Explorer

alan egan
    Keymaster

I did some research and it seems that Internet Explorer has issues with Elementor – If you switch to another browser so should find the problem solved

mcm21mcm
    Participant

Hi Alan.  Yes, that definitely helped.  I am using Chrome.  Both Video and Maps, I am able to edit now.  Thank you very much.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Excellent news

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.