Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Editing header.php in old theme

Home Forums The Soup Editing header.php in old theme

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AlohaCondoRental-dot-com 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Hi Alan,

I’m trying to add the following code to my web page.

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js” data-dojo-config=”usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false”></script><script type=”text/javascript”>require([“mojo/signup-forms/Loader”], function(L) { L.start({“baseUrl”:”mc.us18.list-manage.com”,”uuid”:”b071d44514f2b595358de811e”,”lid”:”f94a8fe480″}) })</script>

It’s to insert a pop-up subscription form.  Per MailChimp, they say

1. In the pop-up form editor, click Generate Code.
    2. In the Copy/paste onto your sitepop-up modal, highlight the code and copy it to your clipboard.
    3. Paste the code into your website’s HTML.

Nice work! Your pop-up form will display when someone visits your site. If they choose to fill out and submit your form, we’ll add them to your MailChimp list.

Where I’m getting stuck is where to insert that code. I clicked on Appearance –> Editor –>and can find these forms

But I don’t know which if any are the correct files to add the code to.  Any ideas? PS, I’m on the old Accelerate Child theme.

I also contacted SiteGround and they weren’t any help really, just repeated the instructions above to add to my ‘header’.

Thanks if you can help.

Laurie

Hi,

As long as you are in the child theme, there should be a file called header.php in the list.

F

Thanks Francis, but since this is a little over my pay grade can you explain how to edit the header.php file?

I think what I do is download a copy to my laptop, (make a back-up copy), add the code to the file in TextEdit (Mac), save file and upload via FTP back to my files and overwrite the original?  Yes?

Thanks if you can help.

Laurie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.