Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Featured Image Keeps Disappearing

Home Forums WordPress Plugin Featured Image Keeps Disappearing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Francis Wallinger 6 months ago.

• Author

elizamunn
    Participant

Good afternoon. The featured image for my posts I’m scheduling today keep disappearing and I’m not sure why. One I used from pixabay and the other I uploaded myself. Any thoughts? Thanks!

alan egan
    Keymaster

That sounds very strange (I’ve never come across that before) – Could it be a browser or caching issue?

francis
    Participant

Hi, we have seen this happening in sliders with the latest release of Elementor on our main site. Re-saving any page that has mysteriously lost its images seems to fix it, however this may only be true for Pages (as opposed to Posts). Could you please send a link to a post that is misbehaving?

F

elizamunn
    Participant

It’s not actually happening on anything that has been posted but happening to posts I’ve scheduled. I create the post with the featured image then schedule it and when I look to the side where you see your scheduled posts the image is gone. When I preview the scheduled post no image is there and when I try to edit it the image is also gone. I’ve reinserted them several times and it does not keep it in the post. I had created several scheduled posts prior to this without this issue. It just started yesterday b

elizamunn
    Participant

Attaching a screenshot. I’ve scheduled two posts – one for tomorrow and then the next day. Both are missing images that I did put in the as the featured image. I went in again this morning and tried to edit and save and it’s still not saving with the featured image. The only thing that I have changed is a few days ago I enabled the WPFront Scroll Top plug in. I did disable before trying to edit again to see if that was the issue and it still did not save the image for the post.

elizamunn
    Participant

I ended up deleting those posts and recreating them. The first went through and scheduled keeping the featured image without any issues. The second I had the same problem again and ended up having to delete and recreate a third time. So it’s a mystery.

Do you have a free scroll to top plug in you recommend that does not interfere with the vacation soup plug in just in case that was the issue?

Thank you for such a clearly detailed description of the error.

I am in transit today however I now have enough detail to try to replicate this on my test system. If that fails I will email you to request access to your system so that I can try and pin down, and fix, the cause.

Thanks again.

F

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.