Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Featured Image size

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Featured Image size

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AlohaCondoRental-dot-com 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

I’ve noticed that often the featured images from posts are cropped on Facebook posts.  What size should we aim for on the featured image so that it won’t get cropped?

Here’s an example

This post had the image cropped

And this one did not

Thanks!

Laurie

Hi Laurie…..I have this exact question.  Even if I scaled down the size, my featured image gets cropped and you can’t view the entire image until you open the post.  nancy

alan egan
    Keymaster

I re-created the featured image using the Facebook recommended size of 1200 x 630 and swapped it out with my original which is 648 × 324.  Both get cropped on the VS site (see images below) So what size will work for both VS and FB. Posts are being syndicated to both sites and I am not sure which size works for both.

Screen shot of first image below at 648 x 324 on the VS feed

this screenshot with a resized image of 1200 x 630 as recommended for FB is also cropped on the VS site

Thanks Alan for your help.

alan egan
    Keymaster

It’s almost impossible to please all of the sites with 1 image. Twitter and Pinterest use different sizes to that of FB. Have a look at a plugin called social warfare – That may help

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.