Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Hi Everyone! I'm Darrell from Discovery Bay, Jamaica!

Home Forums Introduce Yourselves Hi Everyone! I'm Darrell from Discovery Bay, Jamaica!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

maisouivilla
    Participant

Actually I am originally from a little place called Detroit, Michigan. However, since our property is in Jamaica, I try and maintain consistency when posting because it really gets confusing when you live in one place and your vacation rental is somewhere else. Where I live is an even smaller town of around 50,000 or so called Bloomington, IL, home of State Farm Insurance and the inventor of Beer Nuts brand snacks! I am here with my wife Sherry (who is originally from Jamaica) and we built our villa back in 2000. We have been running the property as a vacation rental since then. We have one child, Darrian who is the self appointed Minister of Fun for all kids who visit us!

I am curious to know whether others in the community have to deal with their rental property being remotely located relative to where they live and what kinds of challenges they face with that. I am also wondering whether anyone else experienced their profile photo loading upside down when added to this site’s profile?

Looking forward to interacting with everyone and sharing ideas!

Think and dream Jamaica!

Darrell, Sherry and Darrian

Remi Thackrey
    Participant

Hi Darrell, Sherry and Darrian,

Welcome to the Soup! I look forward to seeing your site and hearing stories from the ‘Ministry of Fun’, I think many of us would appreciate having a Darrian around. Possibly the most important aspect of remote hosting is having a great team on the ground to deal with your guests and any potential problems that may occur. As you have been successfully renting all these years, I’m sure there are some things we can learn from you. Wishing you continued success.
    Remi

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello Darrell, Sherry and Darrian

Welcome to the community.

I haven’t heard of anyone’s photo being uploaded upside down. I’m not sure how that could happen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.