Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Hi, It's Andrea from Peace River House

Home Forums Introduce Yourselves Hi, It's Andrea from Peace River House

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Remi Thackrey 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Andrea
    Participant

Hi Everyone.  I am just starting this course.  Alan has completed my website and now it’s time for me to embrace it.  I’m sure I will have lots of hurdles to jump and then some easy paths.  All help is appreciated.  We are located in Punta Gorda, Florida.  Thank you Alan Egan for the wonderful website you have built.  Now it’s up to me……

peaceriverhouse.com

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Hi Andrea, and welcome! I’m Linda Gonzalez with “Casa On the Creek” (two rental cabins on beautiful creek in NC mtns). You said that Alan had built your website? Does he charge for doing so? And if so, may I ask cost? I’m just starting the website-building process using Alan’s video-courses but I’m feeling kind of overwhelmed (I just started watching the videos all over again). Would love to hear your comments. Cheers!

Remi Thackrey
    Participant

Hi Andrea and Linda. Welcome to the fold! I think I can answer both your statements (technical questions should come to the relevant place in this forum because I am not technical at all!). Andrea, you have a great site, I love the bedroom and bathroom shots. Absolutely on trend. Your next step is to use the waiter plug-in to share what you love about the area. The plug-in suggests loads of things you could write about, but you can choose your own subjects too. Just be sure to use the relevant tags and write as regularly as possible, it makes a huge difference to your google rankings.

Hi Linda,
    It is possible to have your website built for you at a cost (price depends on what you need to be done).  But if you have started the course, I urge you to continue. I have built 2 websites using the old course and the new course. I can reassure you that the feeling of being overwhelmed is normal for most people when learning something new like this. A few hundred people have done it and many hundreds more are doing it right now and ‘feeling a bit overwhelmed’ at times. Then, they get to that strange point, when it all clicks into place and they understand. They not only have control of their website, but also of their independent business. Keep going and follow the course as it is, by the end you will have the knowledge to change whatever you like. As always, use this forum to ask questions.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Remi, thanks so much! I think I’m using the new video course (clicked on a link in VacSoup post introducing Andrea’s website). I’ll go ahead and keep watching the videos. I’m normally pretty good at tech stuff (built my own Weebly site). And if I run into problems, I guess I can cry “Uncle” right here on the Forum and get help. THANK YOU!!

Remi Thackrey
    Participant

Linda, you will be so pleased with yourself once it is done. For me, that boost helped me get my business back to myself. Thus far in 2018, my stats are small (it is only 6 weeks in), but 80% of enquiries are independent of the big listing sites. These stats will change over time, up and down, but it is still early days. Please do ask for help, as more of us owners go through the process, more of us can help you. Wishing you much success!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.