March 13, 2018 at 9:08 pm #6890Dan’s Florida CondosParticipant
I am now a paid member of Vacation Soup. . . and posting here b/c I need answers and I am sure others may have the same issues. Who do we go to for support. IS posting a topic the only way, or is there a ticket system or customer support. My items that need attention are:
- How do I change my email address from @gmail to @mydomain.com on all posts and within my profile? I did it on the profile section, but it has not been changed throughout my posts
- In the image below, my NEW blogs are not posting on my VS page, just old ones from Christmas. Are my contributions not making it to the Soup?
- How do I know my blogs are being synced with VS, is there a dashboard
- Image below: i get a constant notification that I am not authorized. How do I change 1) my user name and 2) my password within the plugin?
- When will the paypal refunds be sent out as offered a week or two ago?
March 14, 2018 at 4:37 pm #6896Francis WallingerKeymaster
This is the right place to post most issues, as often the solution is helpful to others, however sometimes private communication is more suited, email@example.com is my email.
I have found the cause of your issue. You registration has an email address in the dansfloridacondos.com domain and a username of firstname.lastname@example.org. Having two different email addresses to identify you has confused WordPress’ API – hence why you can not connect your Waiter plugin. The solution is to change your username to something other than an email address. I have changed it to danieltoconnor and set the email address to email@example.com, and issued a password reset which should be in your inbox.
Once you have set your password and logged in, you can change the email address under My Profile on https://vacationsoup.com
The name shown is the login name (now danieltoconnor), I hope this is OK.
The new blogs will not have been posted due to the ID problem above. There is a new Waiter (WordPress plugin) coming out this week that will gradually synchronise all your old posts, so they will get there. We do intend to add a dashboard to the Waiter and to the Profile section of the Soup, but we do not have a date available yet, however with this latest Waiter the [connect] tab shows you how many posts are unsynchronised.
Lastly, there was a delay refunding 3 members that signed up in the last few days of February, due to us changing Paypal accounts. I apologise, and am contacting each of you by email on this, separately.
I hope this answers your questions for now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.