Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Inundated with traffic from Chinese bots

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Inundated with traffic from Chinese bots

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nikki Salter 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Nikki Salter
    Participant

Just a quick word of warning in case anyone else has unwanted dubious web traffic.

I love following my site stats and have been increasingly worried by the amount of visits from China – all to home page and giving a high bounce rate that Google penalise. Somehow I seem to have got myself on some bots/hackers’ list.

To add country blocking to WordFence you need the premium version, so I looked around for another option. I’ve settled on ‘iQ Block Country’ plugin which allows you to block users from a specific country to the front and/or back end of your site and specific pages or every page. (After installing the plugin you need to upload an unzipped data file to a specific folder via your cPanel). You can also customise the message that users see.

In the 30 minutes since it has been installed it has blocked 20 visitors from China. Early days, but so far so good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.