Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Make blog post in grid format

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Make blog post in grid format

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

I have completed my website with Alans original site course. Now I need to start adding to it. But – there are some things from the new (3hr…..sheesh) course that I love and wish to incorporate. Namely, I want my blog posts to go to a categorized grid, not in one big long page. Can I do that? Don’t want to start blogging until that format is set up.

I also really like the little  “Why book with me” graphic. at the bottom of that site. Can we get that somehow?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Well done Sherene, well done.

If you go to plugins, add new and search for ‘masonry’ you will see some options. Content views is a good choice. I’ll add some more info tomorrow as I’m just going to bed

So I downloaded “Content Views” plugin.  Now I have no idea what to do with it…. lot’s of studying to do. Really makes me re-appreciate all your great instruction videos Alan!

Stuart B
    Participant

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you Alan for all your time and effort in helping so many of us get up and running. I’ve finished my website (bar a bit of tinkering) and my friends and family love it.

My only problem is the blog post page……I have a list in the right side bar of what to do….sport  / what to do….,music etc, but I can’t get the images of those to show in the content of the page itself. I think I’ve propably clicked something in error byut not sure. Any idea how I can get these back?

Home

Kind regards

Stuart

alan egan
    Keymaster

The is a topic in the forum called ‘Post Grid”. That should help

Thanks, but please excuse my ignorance – in THIS forum? I have have looked through the four pages of posts that I can see and can’t find a “Post Grid” thread……

alan egan
    Keymaster

Please try this

Create a new page called blog, publish it. Go to settings, reading and make the blog page option to blog (the page you just created)then click save. Hopefully that should fix it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.