Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Menu Bars

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

elizamunn
    Participant

Hello! I am trying to get all the formatting the way I would like it to display – including the mobile site. On the mobile site I noticed that there were two menu icons up top and only one worked. I went into my menus and changed the menu to my main menu whereas before it was a blank menu selected for primary but now I have two menus up top and I have no idea how to delete the second (black) menu. Can anyone help/advise me? Thanks in advance!

elizamunn
    Participant

Ok I had a little bit of a mental issue and decided to change my menu back to the blank menu. It got rid of the second black menu so that issue is resolved.

But I’m back to my first issue which is the display of the menu on the mobile site. I’ll attach some screenshots but up top there are two menu areas. One actually says menu —this does not work—it does not display a menu. The three lined icon above it actually displays the menu. How can I get the actual menu one to work or get rid of it so there are “two buttons”. Thanks!

alan egan
    Keymaster

I’m looking at this now. I’ll get back to you

alan egan
    Keymaster

If you look at you site when you are logged in, then click customise in the top menu bar. Then click on Additional CSS (as shown below)

Then add this text and save

#site-navigation{
    display: none;
    }

That will fix it

elizamunn
    Participant

Thank you – that worked!

alan egan
    Keymaster

That’s what I like to hear

djmacc
    Participant

Alan,

I tried to find the button to add a New Post on the forum but could not find it so I am adding my question to this one. I am making decent progress on my website I loaded  the photos on my slider and started on my 10 favorite destinations. I decided to add a video which went well enough until I saved it then I lost the formatting on the homepage. The slider went to the bottom the drop down menus that were horizontal went vertical and the 10 destination have moved around puzzle pieces. How do I restore the original layout? What did I do wrong. Also what is the proper way to save your changes when working in Elementor? I have been saving as a draft but when do I save as a template. I would like to thank you for taking a very complicated issue and breaking it down for the novice. I really don’t know how you could have made it any easier.

Thanks

Dan

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello Dan,

Please try this. From the WordPress dashboard, click on pages, all pages. Go to the homepage and click, edit with elementor. Once the page loads click save at the bottom of the Elementor panel on the left. That should fix it.

Regarding your second question, you don’t need to save any pages as a template.

Thanks for your kind words about the course. I appreciate that.

djmacc
    Participant

I tried that but the the update (save ?) button was not highlighted. I attached a screenshot to help explain.

Thank you
    Dan

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

h alan

I too had aproblem with the menu bar showing up trice, one like a hamburger (which worked)  and one like a hamburger but saying the word menu.This one didn’t work. Following your instructions now I have  the one hamburger that does work, but I would have prefered the word menu, as many people do not know the significance of the hamburger.

Can i have instructions for putting the word in. Many thanks Alison

alan egan
      Keymaster

Hello Alison,

No problem.

Hello Shannon,

Go to the WP dashboard, appearance, customise and add the following in additional css

/*Add the word “Menu to the Hamburger*/

.elementor-menu-toggle:before {
      content: “Menu”;
      position: relative;
      font-size: 24px;
      padding-right: 10px;
      bottom: 2px;
      }

Then save

Then go to appearance, header footer and select your header. Then click on the edit icon on the menu.

Then select the advanced tab and add this text to the CSS classes box

.elementor-menu-toggle

and save

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

Hi Alan

I have followed all the instructions but I still have the same problem  2 menus!

menu 1 is a hamburger no words that does work

menu 2 is a hamburger with words (which is what I do want) but doesn’t work

Don’t know what I have done wrong

alan egan
    Keymaster

This will fix the first issue of two menus

If you look at you site when you are logged in, then click customise in the top menu bar. Then click on Additional CSS (as shown below)

Then add this text and save

#site-navigation{
    display: none;
    }

That will fix it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.