Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Mobile menu / guestbook errors

Home Forums Creating A Website (Old Course) Mobile menu / guestbook errors

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  villalauramarie 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Nikki Salter
    Participant

Having just found some issues with my site… mobile menu not working and (Strong Testimonials) guestbook not displaying, I’ve discovered that deactivating Speed Booster Pack seems to resolve the problem. Have reported it via plugin support so hopefully they will fix. In the meantime do check your site.

I know David Seaman noticed the mobile menu issue because he posted on the Accelerate theme support before me.

Thank you for sharing this.

Over time some plugins develop conflicts with others, we all tend to share similar plugins in the industry so please do share your experiences, it will become a very helpful resource.

F

Nikki Salter
    Participant

Macho Themes have updated Speed Booster Pack in reponse to error reporting. They told me to reactivate SBP but uncheck the ‘scripts to footer option’ (settings) to fix the Javascript error.

susant
    Participant

Thanks Nikki. That seems to have solved the slider problem too.

villalauramarie
    Participant

Thanks Nikki, I discovered this mobile issue only a couple of days ago and I resolved it only this afternoon using your advice and also taking a look at this forum: https: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-causing-foo-gallery-and-mobile-menu-drop-down-issues/

On my web site it was impossible open the menu from a mobile phone, open the galleries and even to open the “our guests” page. I had to deactivate Speed Booster Pack and also  disable “Lazy loading” on the Foo gallery plug-in.<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> I realized that our websites can easily be crashed by plug-in updates or just by </span>plug-in<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> that </span>interfere<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> with </span>other plug-in<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>. </span>May be<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> can be a good idea to constantly share these information.</span>

Peter Langer
    Participant

After trying your suggestions, my mobile menu is still not functioning.  I deactivated speed booster pack and I also reactivated SBP and unchecked the “scripts to footer option”.  I did notice that the menu button works on other tabs once selected, it just doesn’t work when you first get to the page.  www.stjohnescape.com

Nikki Salter
    Participant

I tried your website Peter, and it’s working for me on my mobile.

susant
    Participant

There does seem to be an issue with menus reported on the theme forum here -> https://themegrill.com/support-forum/topic/after-update-1-3-2-to-1-3-4-submenu-dissapears-while-slide-change-occur/

So maybe you are seeing that Peter (and the rest of us just haven’t noticed it)?

Peter Langer
    Participant

Nikki,

Thanks for checking on your mobile.  I am using an iPhone X, but the menu button on my homepage is not working.

susant
    Participant

Hi Peter,

I just tried your website on my mobile (iPhone SE) and the mobile menu doesn’t work. Then it does intermittently if you go to one of your other pages.  Similarly it doesn’t work if you look at your site on a laptop with narrowed browser. Thought maybe I had the same problem with my site (I don’t usually look at it on a mobile) but no, mine is fine.

I’m wondering if this is the speed booster pack problem hanging around with your site. Do you have any caching plugins active?  I’ve had problems persisting due to caching…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  susant.

Peter Langer
    Participant

I just deactivated the speed booster plugin (after already updating the plug in and unchecking what has been suggested), still no luck.  Not sure what to do about caching plugins.  i do see that i have w3 total cache installed.

susant
    Participant

Sorry Peter I don’t know much about caching. I disabled my plugin as I didn’t like it when changes I made didn’t appear as the old pre-change version was cached. It was just a thought. If your caching plugin is active I expect you can go into it from the dashboard and clear cache.

villalauramarie
    Participant

I’m still experiencing problems to open the menu from a mobile ( you can not do from the first page but it usually works from another page ) and also with the galleries ( I use foogallery as a plug-in ) . Do you want to take a look at my website? here is the link: http://www.villalauramarie.com.

Speed booster pack is deactivated

susant
    Participant

I’ve just been sidetracked looking at your lovely villa! You do seem to have the same mobile menu problem as Peter.  Plus you don’t have galleries or testimonials working. Oh dear, just looked at Peter’s website and they aren’t working there too although strangely I did see a testimonial first click and then it was gone when I clicked back. 🙁

I don’t understand it. I have the old course website and all my plugins and theme are up to date and I don’t have these problems. (Fingers crossed.)

It does seem a coincidence that we did all have similar problems caused by speed booster pack for a while.  As you have it turned off I cannot see how that is causing your problems now unless caching is still somehow holding onto the trouble maker.  You could disable the caching plugin just in case (I disabled mine ages ago)?

Apart from that, I’m wondering about other differences between our sites. Do you have any extra plugins that you’ve installed since you created the site? I updated the php code to a recommended level a while back but I’d be surprised if everyone else (who aren’t having the problem) did that too.

Perhaps someone with WordPress/ javascript knowledge may be able to look at your site as a developer would – look for errors appearing? Way over my head.  Perhaps Alan (our sage!) will have an idea of what you should do next…

villalauramarie
    Participant

thank you Susant for your effort!  Right now it’s too late ( italian time ) to check all the plug-in added to my web site but it can be a good idea to make a list and compare them with what you and other owners have. Speed buster pack is anyway deactivated.

At the moment everything works if you load the pages from the computer ( even if you often  need to reload the gallery and the testimonial 9. If you use a mobile you’re not able to open any menu, so it’s a critic situation being that the people that you reach and are interested in the house may use the cell phone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.