Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Multiple listings in same area

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Multiple listings in same area

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Ria M.
    Participant

I own two rental properties and before I get too far along uploading pictures to my slider, I would like to see how you suggest we handle more than one rental property in the same area (I own two).  I tried to view your tutorial on multiple listings but it requires that I complete the current course I am working through.  Is there a sample website I can look at where the owner has two listings?   I own two homes, The Sand Trap and The Sand Dune and the domain I purchased is BethanyBeachSandVacations.com.  I would like to have both homes in one same website.

Thanks!

Ria

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello Ria,

Welcome to the soup.

It’s very easy to add an extra property. I promise. Saying that, you are much better off creating a one property version as per the videos and then adding the second property when you are done as you will be far more au fait with WordPress and Elementor by then. The multiple property course will show you various options. Only skip the inquire and book page on the single property course (the booking calendar doesn’t work with more than 1 property).

Terry Whyte
    Participant

Ria, we own two condos in the same complex  https://annamariaislandcondorentals.com/

Ria M.
    Participant

Thanks Terry!  That looks awesome.  Did you develop that using the template that Alan gave us?  It has a different feel to it.

moorsb-pcb
    Participant

We own 5 Beachfront units in Panama City Beach  Fl     I am learning WP and trying to figure this whole thing out.  I think after seeing your example website things are begining to click.  I know this is a huge effort on Vacation Soup and the question I have is how do they make $$  what is in it for them?    I am wondering if we are building a trojan horse and find ourself captive again.  I am thinking the PR website for the area which is funded by bedtax needs to be promoting the area.    I have a new domain  http://www.pcbsaltlife.com and that is where I am trying to build my site. http://www.pcb-beach-condos.com 

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello (sorry I don’t know your name),

The website that you create and the posts that you create via the plugin are yours. We have no access to them. They belong entirely yours. We are owners ourselves and want to give control back to owners, just as it used to be.

In order to list your property on vacationsoup.com, you need to pay. This will give your properties and your posts much higher exposure but it isn’t compulsory to join the soup itself. Of course, we hope that you choose to join but the choice is entirely yours.

Access to parts of the learning centre will be for paid members only but some courses will always be free.

I hope that that puts your mind at rest.

moorsb-pcb
    Participant

Alan  my name is Bob Moors,  So what is the cost to list my property?  I think the idea is great, and I see that your team is doing a huge amount of work and you need to be paid for that, but my concern is will we find ourself back in the same situation if you reach your goal.  Will we be held hostage again?   Why post the cost?

I own two properties and paid for the soup.  When I make blog posts, my question is WHICH PROPERTY of the two that I have set up on soup will be highlighted or connected with the blog post?

I see other paid members and only one profile or ad shows up. . . . I want to make sure that I have equal exposure to both of my properties.  Is this possible or am I perhaps missing something?

http://www.dansfloridacondos.com

alan egan
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Thanks for signing up.

Both properties will be displayed next to (or under) your posts

Ria M.
    Participant

Hello Alan.  I am making progress in my website https://bethanybeachsandvacations.com but I am getting to a point where I want to see an example of what the website would look like if I have two properties.  I see Bob Moors’ website above but he has customized his website quite a bit (congrats Bob!) so I am not exactly sure how a second property would look if I am following your template.  Is there another owner out there who has followed you template more closely who has two properties that I can look at?   I will search the forum in case someone has already posted with a similar question.

alan egan
    Keymaster

It’s best to complete the site with one property first. Otherwise things can get messy.

Once you have completed the course you can take the multi property course and it will all fall into place

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.