Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

New Computer–do I need to download anything?

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website New Computer–do I need to download anything?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Just got a new computer and still working on site.  Do I need to download anything onto the new computer or is it all web-based? I believe I recall having to download something before I started, so I wanted to see what my next step should be with getting going with new computer so I can keep moving along!  Sorry if this is a dumb question! Major newby to the “behind the scenes” world of the web!!  Thanks friends!

Remi Thackrey
    Participant

Hi Kate,

I am no expert, but have done both the old and new courses.

All of what you need to do is web based through wordpress, there are some things that can be downloaded to help you if you choose, but the major concern here is your web browser. Chrome if you are on PC and Safari for Apple. (Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it works fine for me).

As far as I am aware, carry on as you were, all should be good. Don’t forget to back-up and transfer all your files/images etc. to the new computer. Also remember to update your plugins in WordPress, there was recently an update for the Vacation Soup plugin.

Good luck and feel free to ask on here if you have any questions.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello Kate,

Pretty much everything is web based so you should be good to go.

Thanks for helping with Kat’s question Remi

Thanks so much for your responses!!  Where do we go to do the WordPress plugin updates?

alan egan
    Keymaster

This video show how to update WordPress, themes and plugins

https://youtu.be/WZOOqyBstRY

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.