Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

New listing "Waiting for "Approval"

Home Forums The Soup New listing "Waiting for "Approval"

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Donna 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

I subscribed on Feb. 2nd, and started to build listings for my two VR’s. But for several days now it only says “Waiting for Approval”. How long does this process take? Can I add to my listing (more photos, etc) while I am waiting for approval?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hello, Linda,

I was waiting for you to complete your listing as you haven’t uploaded photos of the properties yet. Just let me know when you have done so and I’ll push the properties live straight away.

Thank you for joining the soup

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

How many photos can I/should I load to each listing?  Seems to be taking forever for the uploads…maybe I’ve got too many?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

It shows that several are loading, then they never appear at all.  Is there something I’m missing here re. the process?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

It seems to have stopped at 18 images…

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Just uploaded 10 images for my second VR (Gili’s Cove Cottage). Came back from lunch and it still showed only one photo.  And now just looked at it again and there are non photos at all?!   Any clues as to what might be happening, or what I may be doing wrong?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Just uploaded 10 images for my second VR (Gili’s Cove Cottage). Came back from lunch and it still showed only one photo.  And now just looked at it again and there are non photos at all?!   Any clues as to what might be happening, or what I may be doing wrong?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

OK, signed out completely, signed back in and uploaded just one photo. Watched the upload get to “100%” and then nothing– no picture.  Something’s not right?

I am not seeing my site on vacation soup? http://www.AbiquiuVacationRental.com

alan egan
    Keymaster

I’ll ask Francis to look into this in the morning. Linda, how big are your photos?

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

They’re all different sizes and I’ve tried a couple of each size…no luck at all. What size do they need to be?
    And how many photos can be added?

Hi Linda, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I am sorry you are having problems uploading the photos. If all else fails, if you can provide them to me (shared from the cloud, or emailed) I could upload them for you, but ideally I would like to enable you to be able to manage them yourself.

I have just tested it and the system is working as expected, and there are no logged faults at that time. This gives us 2 likely causes, the problem may have been temporary or it may be between your computer and our US data-centre. If you are still having problems, I recommend testing your connection using http://www.speedtest.net/ so we can make sure your connection is good. The Upload and Download speeds are the key stats.

As for photos, they look best if they are all approximately the same ratio (and size), and landscape, however the Learning Centre has lots of more information on that. Look at a few other properties in the soup and see what looks best, based on the style of photos you have available.

I hope this helps get you going.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Francis, my website is http://www.casaonthecreek.com not AbiquiuiVacations. One part of the problem is that I had managed to get 8 photos uploaded on “Blackwell Branch Cabin” and when I next logged in, they were all gone. Then I uploaded just one photo to “Gili’s Cove Cottage” and it was Therese for two days, then when I next logged in it was gone also. I’ll give it another try.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

We’re talking about my VacSoup listing, not my website. I just tried to upload one photo to “Gili’s Cove Cottage” — it uploaded very quickly, to 100%. I hit “Save” — the little green “saving” bar comes up, then nothing. A blank page comes up with “Edit” in upper left corner and nothing else– the page freezes at that point and doesn’t let me click on “description” “details” or anything else. I’ve done this over and over with the same result. I’d love to get these listings up and running, seeing as I paid for them a week ago. NOTE– I am using photos from the files on my laptop, not from my website. In the Listing, I click “select media”, then choose a photo…it shows it uploading to 100% then it all stops.

What’s your email? I can email you a couple of photos and you can try it on one or both of my properties.

Hi Linda,

Please send them to francis@vacationsoup.com and I will try from here. I do apologise for the site error, crossed wires.

Have you had a chance to check your connection?

F

Donna
    Participant

Hi Alan,

My 2nd property is “waiting”, too. I can’t edit it as the drop down only allows editing of the listing that has already been approved, so I can’t see what needs to be added, if anything. Can you assist?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.