Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

New Version WP Header

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website New Version WP Header

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  perskycondos 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

perskycondos
    Participant

I put my header on my home page but now I want to change the text. I can’t figure out how to do it. Help!

alan egan
    Keymaster

You will need to make a new header.

Once you save a header the text becomes part of the jpg and it’s not possible to edit it

perskycondos
    Participant

How do I do that? I thought if I went back to Appearance/Header and followed the original instructions I could select a new pic to override the one there. However, that doesn’t work. If I try and trash the header then it doesn’t look like I can insert a new one. I’m confused.

alan egan
    Keymaster

If you go to appearance, header footer builder, header., edit with Elementor. Click on the image and you can edit the image (select a new image) on the left hand side

perskycondos
    Participant

Here’s the problem…my header got completely deleted. So now when I go through Appearance/Header/Edit with Elementor…it just gives me a place to insert a blank box. I pulled the “image” over from the side and tried to put the pic back in. It doesn’t put it in the right spot. It puts it under the Home/About Us/Our Property, etc. row. See below. How do I move it up?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Just drag the image section above the menu section in header footer and save

perskycondos
    Participant

I got it there and saved. Now I realize that I no longer have the Home/About Us/Our Property, etc. row at all! It is gone. How do I get that back? This Header is going to be the death of me!

alan egan
    Keymaster

Drag the default navmenu widget into the header

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  alan egan.

perskycondos
    Participant

It doesn’t work. I drag it and it does nothing. I tried dragging it below my slider and it put in a blank line with nothing in it. Is there some way I can give you access to look at it? I’m not even sure my header is right. It says it is 1100×200 but it is not as wide as the sliders…which I think it was before. I’m afraid I just have an image in there and not a true header???? I’ve had to replace it two times…and think I’ve done something wrong!

alan egan
    Keymaster

Can you email me your login details please

perskycondos
    Participant

Just sent you an email. It will be from perskycondos@yahoo.com.

Thx!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.