Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Old site posts on The Soup – missing media images

Home Forums Creating A Website (Old Course) Old site posts on The Soup – missing media images

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Robinson 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Chris Robinson
    Participant

Hi Alan and Francis

Yesterday I wrote a post about Villedieu town hall. However, I didn’t post it as I couldn’t upload my images in the media library. I kept getting an HTTP error which has happened previously. I’ve tried to clear up my media library but I had over 600 images as I have a lot of posts. I tested deleting some pics and checked that the images were still showing on the relevant posts. They were.

This morning Ive deleted more images so my library now has approx 400. I uploaded my new images (quite slow). I’ve posted my article today but I now notice a problem with previous posts.

On the preview column on the right hand side, some of the posts have greyed out images – perhaps I deleted the featured image from my library? The Coutances maze article is an example. When I go into this post in The Soup, images are missing (see below)

However, on my website, the images still appear:

I don’t know why I’m having this problem with the media library. The only way I seem to be able to upload new pics and then post new articles is by deleting library images but this causes a problem with The Soup.

Do you have any advice please?

Thanks

Chris

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

This is perplexing. The media problem really shouldn’t be happening. The soup has 10’s of 1,000’s images and we don’t have a similar problem. I would contact Siteground and ask them about the problem. You could do a restore from before you deleted the images.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Please let us know what Siteground say

Chris Robinson
    Participant

Hi Alan

I contacted Siteground. They added a line to htaccess and suggested I used the SG Optimiser plugin so I could purge the cache. It did seem a little better but my site generally feels a bit sluggish. I’ll try and do some cleaning up and will contact them if I have more problems. Changing browser also helped.

Thanks for the suggestion to contact them.

Chris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.