Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

reviews plus social media

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website reviews plus social media

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jennyb 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

jennyb
    Participant

I am really enjoying going through Alan’s step-by-step instructions…thank you! Am currently stuck in two areas:

1. I have imput reviews (from Trip Advisor, HomeAway and Airbnb) and would like to change the order so that the most recent ones are flagged first. is there an easy way to do this or do i need to add them ina particular order?

2) I don’t seem to have a ‘social media’ section in my home page template. How do I add that?

Thank you!

Jenny

hecetabeachcottage
    Participant

Following…I am curious to know the answers to these as well, as I will be building my own website too with this template!

alan egan
    Keymaster

Just go to testimonials, view, select the view that you want to change, mode, display, order, newest first

For social icons just drag that Elementor widget into the page where you want them

jennyb
    Participant

Thanks Alan. I have tried to follow your suggestions re testimonials but cant find any ‘view’ or any sub-menu for testimonials in elementor that give me the choices you mention above. But I have been able to click the ‘reordering’ icon so lets see if that makes a difference. Is it possible I have a different version? (eg I can only exit to dashboard, I cant click the bottom left icon as you use in your training videos)

alan egan
    Keymaster

The testimonials section is in the WordPress dashboard not in Elementor

jennyb
    Participant

Sorry Alan, I did mean WP dashboard, not Elementor!

Under testimonials in that dashboard there are the following sub-heads: all testimonials, add new, categories, views. fields, settings and about. I have read through all of these sub-sections and cannot find anything that would allow me to follow your guidance to ” go to testimonials, view, select the view that you want to change, mode, display, order, newest first”

I have gone through the ‘adding reviews’ module another time to make sure I haven’t missed anything. So am now stumped! Any advice?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.