Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Server Error (403 Forbidden)

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Server Error (403 Forbidden)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ParadiseFound 4 months ago.

• Author

ParadiseFound
    Participant

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am trying to update one of the pages on my website but when I click ‘Update’ I receive the following pop-up:

Server Error (403 Forbidden).

Thank you for your help.

alan egan
    Keymaster

That sounds like a question for Siteground, just give them a call and I’m sure that they will put you right

ParadiseFound
    Participant

Thanks Alan, I contacted Siteground and they said they could help me but I needed to give them my login information and password to create a ‘ticket’.  I called 1-800-828-9231.

Is that normal?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Yes, they will need access in order to fix things – You can always change your password once they have fixed the issue

John Z
    Participant

I had the same problem. The wordfence firewall is blocking the update. If you put the firewall into learning mode, you will be able to update it, just remember to turn the firewall back on when you completed your update.

ParadiseFound
    Participant

HI,

I finally got with Siteground. They gave me the following response and I wanted to check that I should be doing what they wrote and is it safe (John Z noted that I need to remember to turn the firewall back on/seems like a pain if I have to do that every time)?:

I was able to replicate the issue and found that the blockage (403) is actually being caused by Wordfence. For some reason the plugin is finding this action as potentially unsafe: <span style=”color: #0066cc;”>http://prntscr.com/je6flo
    </span>I would recommend disabling the plugin or whitelisting the Elementor plugin within Wordfence and you should be able to resolve the issue.

Hi,

I will start by saying I do not have any experience in Wordfence, although I have walked many miles in that field.

My understanding is that you can put Wordfence into ‘learning’ mode, where it provides you with a way to do your day-to-day tasks and it learns what is normal for you. When you take it out of learning mode it should then take action when something unusual occurs.

If this is right (and other posters have experience of this) then once you have connected to Vacation Soup in learning mode, Woirdfence would know we are ‘cool’. In short, if you have to do this every time, something is broken.

F

P.S. The Elementor plugin may be a red-herring. The main ‘to be learned’ issue we have seen to date has been synchronising posts with Vacation Soup, and that action is what needs to be allowed by you at the firewall level.

F

ParadiseFound
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t even know what WordFence is.

Is that something I put on my site thru the VS Tutorials?

Am I able to get rid of it so I don’t have to put it in ‘Learning Mode’ to do my day-to-day tasks?

I’m beginning to think I am in over my head and pay-grade.

wishing4wind
    Participant

I’m also getting a server error when trying to embed a google fusion table. I thought it was an authority issue with my table on Google. Now I’m wondering if its the same issue as wordfence mentioned above. Exactly how do you put it into learning mode?

wishing4wind
    Participant

Putting wordfence into learning mode solved the problem.

wishing4wind
    Participant

Putting wordfence into learning mode solved the problem.

ParadiseFound
    Participant

Thanks wishing4wind. It took care of the problem for now but my concern is the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.