Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Several posts showing in website but not in the Soup

Home Forums The Soup Several posts showing in website but not in the Soup

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Francis Wallinger 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Lori
    Participant

Some posts don’t make it to the Soup and not sure why.  Also, some posts have the wrong photo attached to them.  What can I do?

Hi,

The most common issue we find is the latitude and longitude for the post are wrong, The most common cause for this for our American owners is missing the minus sign on the longitude. Can you point me at an example post that is not showing and I can have a look at it?

F

Lori
    Participant

Hi Francis,

This is an example that I posted in the Soup and it shows on my website but not in the Soup page:  http://www.redrockretreat.com/fun-eclectic-shopping-in-sedona/.  This post http://www.redrockretreat.com/another-hike-in-sedona/ has the right picture, but in the main page of the Soup it shows a combination lock https://vacationsoup.com/travel-guide/arizona/ and no photo at all when you click on the posting to read more in the Soup.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

This can happen sometimes if there is an interruption in service when the soup is taking delivery of your post. I have added a featured image to the second post. If you make a small edit of some kind to the first post it should come into the soup.

Lori
    Participant

The picture changed.  Thanks!  The problem is that many posts are not showing in the Soup.  The last 6 of 10 are not there.  This is the last 4:  https://vacationsoup.com/soup-results/?search_location=Sedona%2C+AZ%2C+USA&advanced_city=sedona&advanced_area=&advanced_country=united-states&property_admin_area=coconino-county%2C+arizona&latitude=34.869740&longitude=-111.76099

This is the 10 I’ve done through the Soup plugin:  http://www.redrockretreat.com/sedona-local-guide/

I’m not putting in longitude and latitude as when I did that, the post didn’t show so I deleted it (but it still didn’t show). So not sure what’s happening as they were all showing up in the Soup before.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Francis, could you look at this please.

Hi, I am looking at this, it appears to have affected several users.

Lori
    Participant

I posted another posting throught the Vacaton Soup plugin today.  it shows on my website, but not in the Soup.

Hi,

We are still working on the re-write of this area, hopefully coming to a conclusion soon. I will keep you posted.

F

Lori
    Participant

The last 6 of my 10 blog posts have not shown in the Soup?  Has this been resolved as less than half of my blog posts are showing.

Thanks!

Hi Lori, I am looking into this now.

I will PM you if I need access to your system to resolve this.

F

Hi,

The reason they were held back was because there were too few words (I have now released them for publishing).

We do not auto-publish articles unless there are over 100 words. This is because Google considers longer articles (as well as those with more media – pictures and videos) to be more highly ranked and worthy, as opposed to ‘comment’ pieces that very rarely will be considered newsworthy by them. The only exception to this rule is if the featured image is really the story itself, however this is very difficult for our systems to find automatically.

I hope this helps

F

Lori
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know.  I didn’t realize that.  Will make sure they are 100 words or more in the future

Cathleen Caszatt
    Participant

Francis;  I’ve read this thread.  Almost same issue as I’m having.  My post has 104 words.  I’ve tried to edit the post and refresh to see if the featured image changes.  It has not.  Still no explanation on when I view in VS, the social media icons are missing at the bottom of the post.  Could it be related to the Ultimate Social Media Icons plug in I installed last week.  I’ve had no problems with prior posts before I installed this plug in.

Update: It appears there is plugin causing intermittent failure to share posts. I am investigating this at the moment, it’s a bit ‘sticky’ because the plugin that is causing it may be on your site or within the soup. My current suspicion is WordFence, however I will update you when I have found (and hopefully fixed) it.

Cathleen Caszatt
    Participant

Thanks Francis;  Issue resolved.  I tried again to post to the soup Saturday, June 30th 9:00 a.m.  Nothing.  Tried again later about 6:00 p.m.  Posted to the Soup, but social media icons not there.  Post was 104 words.  Did a test post with 315 words and posted and social media icons appeared.  At first, I thought a glitch with the Ultimate Social Media Icons plugin.  IMO, not the case.  Lesson learned, posts need to be over 100 words as you mentioned previously.  Also, I recommend this plugin.  Was easy to set up and does what I want.  Happy 4th!

And a very Happy 4th to you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.