Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Trouble Uploading Photos

Home Forums WordPress Plugin Trouble Uploading Photos

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sherene@mystarvr.com 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

I am on the VS plug-in trying to write a blog post. I keep getting this error message when I try to upload a photo. I even tried photos that I had used in previous posts and get the same error message. Any suggestions? TIA

I was getting this error the other day. I went and took a look at the image size (if you are on a Mac click the command+I (letter i) button to ‘Get Info’ and it will give you the image size in MB.  If you are not optimizing your images then consider doing this for all your images. They will load faster and make Google happy and visitors happy.  I use ImageOptim app https://imageoptim.com/mac and just drag and drop to optimize.

Not sure if this will help. But give it a try.

Laurie

Thanks for the note Laurie. I am a novice at all this, so just wondering the procedure for this…
      – For photos already in use on the website or in blogs, Do you have to remove each photo in the website, optimize and then load it back on.
      – For new photos it looks like you just drag it in ImageOptim. no need to make a new file or put it somewhere else. But what about pixabay images? do you have to download them on the computer first, optimize, then load to blog. Does it remove info that should be let there? credits etc.
      – Do you know, is there a recommended photo size that would be good to start with?
      Thanks for any insights, I’ve just never done anything like this before.
      Cheers, Sherene

Thank you, Laurie. It was a quick fix this time…just started over! 🙂

I’ll keep your tips in mind! Thank you for always being so kind to share suggestions!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.