Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Update re: Sliders not working properly.

Home Forums Creating A Website (Old Course) Update re: Sliders not working properly.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joanne Studer 8 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Payne
    Participant

As they say, “patience is a virtue.”  My sliders are now working properly.  I must not have allowed enough time for the trouble shooting to take effect.  If anyone else is having problems, please reference my previous post.

susant
    Participant

I reported the other day on the Speed Booster plugin support page that their latest update has caused this slider problem.  They suggested I go back to their last version until they resolve the issue.  I’ve just disabled the plugin for now.

pablo
    Participant

While I slept, lines 57 through 59 in my deactivated speed booster pack code were changed (you can find these sorts of notifications in the WordFence plugin, which everyone should be using). This is not totally uncommon to see a few lines of code in a plugin change without warning or updating, but it is not the norm. These changes appear to address the areas I suspected were causing the issue. However, since our site does not seem to be running any slower with Speed Booster Pack disabled, I’m going to continue to leave it disabled for now. I will test it once there is a formal upgrade that specifically states it covers the offending issues (a bug-fix). The plugin I’m more anxious to see updated is WS Total Cache – not everyone has been using that, but it also needed to be deactivated to fix the problems.  These problems included the frozen slider, failure to display galleries, failure to display testimonials and a bug in the simple booking calendar that kept it from being advanced.  All are working correctly now that speed booster pack and WS Total Cache are deactivated.

Nikki Salter
    Participant

Macho Themes have updated Speed Booster Pack in reponse to error reporting. They told me to reactivate SBP but uncheck the ‘scripts to footer option’ (settings) to fix the Javascript error.

Joanne Studer
    Participant

Thanks Nikki!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.