Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Updating new Theme help

Home Forums WordPress Plugin Updating new Theme help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 8 months ago.

• Author

jimkraft
    Participant

Theme package update from the “green button” on “new” training pages does not load properly. Tod stated from SiteGround that it might be a conflict in plugins. The last time I loaded it I could not enter admin panel at all because error window locked access. I had to reset site via SG.  I have an older Theme in place that should be updated. Followed direction meticulously. Including updated Mac os operating system, and updating Safari as per Site Ground. Still no luck. Site Ground points to get help via community, no luck. VS points to community. The other person on line appears to be having same issue.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Jim, we keep having the same conversations.

Please do the following.

1. Contact Siteground and ask them to replace the existing WordPress installation with a fresh WP install.
    2. Follow the video re https set up
    3. Use Chrome to download the installer via the green button (safari unzips the installer and you need to have it zipped)
    4. Add the installer via the upload plugin option (it is not a theme and trying to upload it as a theme will break your installation)

You should then be good to go

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.