Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

Vacation Soup Plugin & Destination Marketing

Home Forums Creating A Vacation Rental Website Vacation Soup Plugin & Destination Marketing

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  elizamunn 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Matt Elder
    Participant

Just wondering if this is linked and working correctly https://learn.vacationsoup.com/courses/the-vacation-soup-plugin-and-destination-marketing-101/

I’m logged in but can only see the first “Vacation Soup – Introduction” video – 4:38 long.

Whenever try the other links, keep getting referred back to this. Am I missing something?

Matt Elder
    Participant

These links / pages don’t seem to exist/work:

Attraction Marketing 101

The Trello Sessions

alan egan
      Keymaster

Hi Matt,

I have fixed this now, you should be able to get into the course now.

If you have any problems please let me know

Matt Elder
    Participant

With the “trending searches”, will there be some way of ‘searching’ these? Reason asking as might look at 3 topics today, outsourcing the blogging and get results back in several days. So once come back, will need to find the ‘trending search’ so can place the copy into the right section.

Matt Elder
    Participant

Thanks Alan. In the X factor towards the end you mention #hashtags. Understand all that. Where do you put #hashtags into a post, is there an optimum way for this? It gets mentioned in the videos but no demonstration on where to do it. Is it at the end of the copy or the “Tag” option within the wordpress dashboard for the post?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

In the tag section under the publish post section but the plugin adds then automatically (at the bottom of the create tab). You can add your own too.

Chris Robinson
    Participant

Hi Alan

I’ve installed the plug-in and watched your videos. You briefly mentioned a paid for plug in which will post to multiple social media platforms. Can you point me in the right direction for this please? I’m loving how easy it is to post with the plug-in!

alan egan
    Keymaster

The plugin is called SNAP – Social Network Auto Poster – It’s very good

Matt Elder
    Participant

In Vacation soup plugin, when you are creating a new post, is there anyway to do it in Elementor? At the moment just seems to be a standard WYSIWYG editor show. How will one get posts to be consistent looking with the guides one puts together in Elementor. Is there any difference between creating a post in the vacation soup plugin vs Posts > “Add New” and using Elementor?

alan egan
    Keymaster

Elementor is more for creating pages.

The plugin helps you create and optimise posts quickly, it will also share

those posts to various places in the soup and across various social platforms.

They will all look the same and be displayed by the post grid plugin.

Matt Elder
    Participant

Thanks for that. Like Elementor as can quickly add text, headings, image(s) and youtube links.

What is your current take on google+ (gone back through some old posts/investviews on cottageblogger that you did). Noticed quite a number of people stopped using google+ in the last 1-2 years

alan egan
    Keymaster

Of course, if you prefer using Elementor that’s up to you but give the plugin a go, it’s much faster at finding images and creating, adding tags and optimising posts.

Regarding Google Plus, as you say there are fewer people using it (which is a shame as it’s way better in many ways than FB. The overriding thing is that Google use it and index the links in posts immediately, which is great for search. Vacation soup will be (is) syndicating all of our posts on G+ for this very reason.

Matt Elder
    Participant

I’ll give the plugin a go as obvious advantages but just don’t want to have to be dealing with inconsistencies and trying to figure out html/css issues.

Keep takeaway from your interview/info about google+ was the direct link into google search. Just that as a product, if you need an Alan Egan to explain it, its been made way too complicated.

Matt Elder
    Participant

What would be your thoughts around having an “Offers” tag/category/hashtag in Vacation Soup plugin? So anyone running a ‘promotion’ can be easily found. Don’t know if this then ends up creating a ‘race to the bottom’ which might not be desirable

elbry2@aol.com
    Participant

Hi We seem to be unable to register for the soup plugin as it would not recognise our username and password – we were asked to put this in just after we entered the logtitude and latitude. Can you help please.

Alison Smith

Matt Elder
    Participant

Hi Alison, I’ve run into the same problem. You re-enter your password that you are dead sure to be correct but keeps giving you an error message. I’ve found

1. Re-enter password
    2. even though it will say the password is wrong, log out of wp-admin account,
    3. Log back into wp-admin account.
    4. When you go to vacation soup pluggin, it then seems happy with the password you previously entered that it thought was wrong.

That seems to work for me. I don’t know why it is doing it unless somewhere in the browser memory it is not updating the password or something (I’ve tried different computers and browsers). It happened with me for the coordinates you are talking about and from time to time I think it has happened (guessing at certain times when the pluggin has been updated). Be curious if this solution works for you too.

Bythesea
    Participant

Hello! So, I have installed the VS plug in but it is not showing in my dashboard/side bar area. I have not only refreshed several times, I have also logged in and out of my site. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bythesea
    Participant

Alan, Timber was not an option for me when I installed the app, so I searched for it and just added it separately. Problem solved! Next question, is there a way to load any of my recent blog posts into the soup?Thanks again!

elizamunn
    Participant

Hi VS Team,

I am getting ready to install and configure the vacation soup plugin after a short break. I am having a little bit of trouble trying to figure out what to put in the information of title, etc as I have multiple properties. Can you please advise me your best thought for reaching the most audience wise. I’ll elaborate more below.

Title – You state to put house name. I have multiple but they all go under what I’ll call our brand of OBX Beach Paradise – should I use that as googling it does help to find our website?

In/on The area is generally known as the Outer Banks which is technically an island though it’s just not thought of one by many since its easy to get to via car and consists of multiple little towns such as Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and much more. My properties are only in Nags Head and Kitty Hawk. I was thinking either in/on Outer Banks but not sure of the Alternate Name/City since there could be two being Kitty Hawk or Nags Head. State is easy as Nags Head.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.