Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

wordpress template downloading issues?

Home Forums WordPress Plugin wordpress template downloading issues?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 8 months ago.

• Author

Macepress
    Participant

Hello,

I’m at the point to install the wordpress template. I am in Chrome. The link on the vacationsoup site keeps downloading a zip file and when I open it, it lists the contents of the file and does not install.

Also many of the links across the vacationsoup are sending back error messages. 🙁 Is it me?

Thanks in advance…

MC

Macepress
    Participant

P.S. Just doing my own trouble shooting and tried to upload the file theme? … it says installation failed
    <div id=”wpwrap”>
    <div id=”wpcontent”>
    <div id=”wpbody” role=”main”>
    <div id=”wpbody-content” tabindex=”0″ aria-label=”Main content”>
    <div class=”wrap”>

The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

alan egan
    Keymaster

You aren’t supposed to unzip the file. Just install it as zipped and all will be fine

Macepress
    Participant

Hi Alan

Thank you for your response…I reinstalled WordPress and it now works – it didn’t appear draggable (eyeroll) before which is why I tried opening to find a file that was….

Thanks for the bother…

Martha

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

Phew! I just starting on this process. And I’m at the point of needing to install the soup-stock-release plugin. I’m on my WP-Dashboard, I clicked on Plug-ins, and up at the top is “+ New”. But when I click on + New, the only options it gives me are “Post” “Media” “Page” “User” or “WP forms”. Nowhere does it seem like I can add the soup plugin, since the “+ New” only gives me these options? I don’t see anywhere to drag the zip file into? Help! I was on such a roll, but now completely stumped by what seems to be an easy thing.

Linda Gonzalez
    Participant

OK, so I got to where I can drag the soup-stock over and then hit install. Now it’s telling me it won’t install because I don’t have SSL certificate. When I try to install SSL certificate, I get an error, saying that my DNS isn’t pointing to Siteground. But I already went over to GoDaddy (where I purchased the domain name) and changed the DNS to the ones that Siteground told me to use (from an email they sent me hours ago). Does it take a certain amount of time for the DNS addresses to sort of sync in? That’s the only thing I can think of, since I just did it a couple of hours ago.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Those changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate (but they usually happen faster than that)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.