Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

"Your connection is not private"

Home Forums The Learning Centre "Your connection is not private"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alan egan 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

beccaorban
    Participant

It says this when I try to go to my website. It says a possible problem is I need to “update the site’s certificate” How do I do this? Anyone else have this problem or can help me fix this?

beccaorban
    Participant

It says “This server could not prove that it is http://www.madmenbeachhouse.com; its security certificate expired 2 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.”

How do I update my security certificate?

beccaorban
    Participant

Looks like I figured it out. It says its supposed to renew automatically and it didnt. Is there something I need to do to make sure it renews automatically? Otherwise how often does it expire so I can make sure to renew it every time it expires.

Clare Cambridge
    Participant

Hi Becca,  I have the same problems, what did you do?  Thanks Clare

alan egan
    Keymaster

Hi Clare, Hi Becca,

Just contact Siteground and ask them to renew your SSL certificate. Also, ask them to set up an auto renewal

Clare Cambridge
    Participant

I contacted siteground and the very helpful lady sorted it for me.  I also ask how to do this myself if there was a problem in the future, apparently there had been an update (or something) and some peoples didn’t renew automatically.  For anyone want to do it themselves, instructions below.

Log into site ground, click on my account, click on cpanel, go down the page to security, click on lets encrypt – there should be an alert tell you to renew/update, not sure what it would say, as the lady did it for me before I had chance to see.  Then before checking your website again, clear your history and caches (not sure about how to clear caches) but I cleared my history on google for that day and after everything was find  Phew.     Bye the way if you ring site ground they need your pin (which I didn’t know where to find it) it’s automatically generated when you set up (I think) you have to click on my details to get that.

alan egan
    Keymaster

Thanks Clare

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.