Password instructions will be e-mailed to you
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you
Lost Password
Register
Dismiss
Dismiss

'Your Logo Here'? Website Changed Without Me Knowing

Home Forums The Soup 'Your Logo Here'? Website Changed Without Me Knowing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  susant 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

ParadiseFound
    Participant

When I go to my website, http://www.paradisefoundIII.com, there is something new that says ‘Your Logo Here’.

Not sure how that got there or how the website seems to have shifted around since I haven’t touched it in weeks.

May I ask how to correct this?

Feeling helpless not understanding how all this works. The tutorials were wonderful, but now anything that goes wrong will become overwhelming to me.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

wishing4wind
    Participant

that Logo came up on my pages as well. If you go into the dashboard and go under appearance, customize, and site identity, you can remove it.

amantalv@nc.rr.com
    Participant

Thanks for this.  Worked perfect!

wishing4wind
    Participant

I don’t know what was changed, but I installed the plugin from the vacation soup tutorials and i also have Companion auto updater installed. It’s set to automatically update plugins, themes and WordPress and the notify me my email was unchecked. I’ve changed it to send me an email when updates happen so I’ll know I need to check my website, and set it to only automatically update wordpress and not plugins and themes. I would like to know from what type of update it was that caused this particular issue so I know whether in the future, will I not get those updates, or will it be one that I will get an email notfication.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  wishing4wind.

amantalv@nc.rr.com
    Participant

Would certainly like to know what happened and how to prevent it perhaps.

alan egan
      Keymaster

This was caused by a WordPress update to the customiser. I’m don’t think that we can prevent changes to WordPress. It’s just one of those things.

susant
    Participant

I don’t use a plugin to do updates automatically. I do plugins manually  and Siteground updates WordPress for me. They send me a mail saying that they are going to do in in the next 12 hours, and then a mail when it has been done. They also back up the site just before they do it.  It’s WordPress Auto Update Manager in Cpanel.

wishing4wind
    Participant

Susan, so did you receive a notification from Siteground that a WordPress update was happening? I have siteground and the wordpress auto update manager didn’t notify me even though it’s set to automatically update wordpress (and I changed it to not update the plugins)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  wishing4wind.

susant
    Participant

Funnily enough I don’t think I did last time.  I got an email saying it had been updated but I wondered if I’d missed the mail saying it would be. I’ve definitely had mails before with a warning that an update would happen in the next 24 hours.  Could it depend on whether they classify the release as a major one or minor one? Looking at the autoupdate settings I have major set up with 24 hours and minor as immediate. This was default, I didn’t think about the settings, I’d not looked at them before now. Just noticed I have plugins set to be updated too when a WordPress update takes place. I keep plugins up to date manually so I don’t think Siteground has had the opportunity to do this for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.